RE: [SLUG] KVM switches

From: H Sutter (sutter_h@popmail.firn.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 09:34:06 EST

Don't buy the mechanical switches, haven't found any that at best weren't a
POS.
The KVM's that have been working for me are sold by Belkin and called
OmniView's. They will work with Linux, M$, Mac, Sun etc..... They make them
in a few flavors big things to look out for are
1. Make sure it supports ps2 mice and serial mice at the same time.
2. Find out what is the max video freq/res the KVM switch will allow.
3. If your gaming at hi-rez buy the Gold series cables. (std cables work
just fine on the server farm) or you will get ghosting images.
I use the OmniView Pro at home and OmniView SE's at work on the servers.

Tony

Henry A. Sutter
Hillsborough County Schools
Title 1
901 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, Florida, 33602
Ph# 813.272.4613 Fx# 813.272.4434
sutter_h@popmail.firn.edu
"You expect me to build a mnemonic memory device with ..stone knives and
bearskins" SPOCK
Join the Electronic Frontier Foundation http://www.eff.org/