[SLUG] KVM switches

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 20:20:37 EST

I have an application that could use a KVM switch. I've never used one
before, and apparently they come in two flavors: the rotary switch kind
(much cheaper) and the other kind, with push-button switches.

Now, I used to have a machine running RH6.2 that had a keylock on it. At
certain times, when I'd lock the machine with the key, come back and
unlock it, Linux would be completely frozen. I'd unlock the machine and
neither the keyboard nor the machine would respond to anything. I have
some concern that a KVM switch would do the same thing.

Anyone have any experience with KVM's and Linux, and whether it matters
if it's a rotary dial or push-button switch?

Paul