Re: [SLUG] KVM switches

From: DaLe aTchiSon (atch1951@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 21:51:42 EST

Paul,

I have exactly "zero" experience with Linux and KVM's, burt I've used
them extensively in DOS and Windows. The pushbutton kind will last
longer, because the switch contacts self-wipe with each activation.
(The inner contacts on the rotary kind also self-wipe, thought not as
effectively, and the two extreme positions of the switch, being at the
end of the travel, don't wipe at all.)

Like I said, I don't know from nothin' 'bout Linux and KVM's, but the
problem you described sounded a lot like what you get if you tell your
CMOS setup program there's a keyboard installed. Try telling it "Not
Installed", and see if it don't stay awake longer...

DaLe