Flash (was Re: [SLUG] New memory)

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 20:08:55 EST

I agree.

However, if anyone remembers my dead laptop display from the 10 year picnic,
it works under X very well. Very well. Extremely few screen artifacts,
reasonable performance. The display is totally unusable at the console and
windows wasn't much better. I'll accept a readable xterm in lieu of a nasty
console any day.

Maybe X is making better use of the memory than windows was?

        Glen

<snipped>