[SLUG] Unrecognized file-types and Netscape 6

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 19:15:54 EST

Hey guys;

In Netscape 6 and Mozilla, when you run across a file type which the
program doesn't recognoze, it asks you to eihter save it or define an
application to open it. I *just* today figured out that if you hit the
"advanced" button at the bottom of the pop-up window, you get the choice
of permanently chosing an app to handle certain files (ex: *.mp3, *.doc,
*.pdf...). Well, a while back I had *stupidly* told netscape NOT to ask
me any more with MP3 files, thinking it would memorize the last app I
used to open files of that type. Well, instead, now it just goes into
the "where would you like to download this to" dialog that comes AFTER
that screen where you choose whether to use an app or save.

Now that I've thoroughly confused you, here's my Q: Can I somehow revert
  my choice of it not asking me again, so that I may define the app that
I wish to use for certain extensions?

Thanks,

Gnorb