[SLUG] NTP problems

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 10:46:35 EST

Gotta be a reason that I am being plagued with NTP problems. It is not
keeping my time on my server up to date!! I have my ntp.conf file with the
following:

server 192.168.x.x:8000 (firewall)
driftfile /etc/ntp/ntp.drift

In my drift file all I have is one line:

0.000

my permissions on the drift file are 644.

root access only.

Shouldn't ntp be updating the drift file to keep the clock in sync with the
firewall? The drift file never changes from 0.000 and the clock needs to be
reset every few days as it looses about a minute a day.

Michael C Rock