Re: [SLUG] Is it possible ? web site video viewer

From: Bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 16:34:43 EST

You can use real player for linux, also you can play shock wave multimedia
as well with plugins.
The only thing I have not been able to get playing under linux for streaming
is asf or asx which
is Microsoft's streaming multimedia.

Also I believe that apple is making a version of QuickTime player that will
work
under Linux.

For playing Streaming Mp3 audio you can use Xmms
Also there is plugins for XMMS to play mpg.

There is also a version of Music Match for Linux which is the Windows
version running under wine.

Also if you are looking for something try sourceforge good place to look and
as well as google.

Hope this helps.