[SLUG] KVMs Revisited

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 12:25:51 EST

For those of you who had problems with KVMs, particularly with the loss
of your mouse when switching between machines, there's a tech support
answer in the current Linux Journal.

To be brief, a PS/2 mouse has a configuration that is initialized during
setup. The KVM is supposed to restore that config when you switch back
to that machine. I suppose a bad or poorly designed KVM doesn't do this.

This also explains why the KVM I bought wouldn't work with one of my
mice. It was a serial mouse that I tried to use a PS/2 adapter on.

Paul