[SLUG] GIMP help, please. 6k Graphic attached.

From: Bill (selinux@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 04:30:47 EST

I posted this to another maillist and all I got out of it was a fire
storm about compression methods. I don't care a fig for compression
methods at the moment ... I just want to make the white corners of a
green button transparent (using GIMP) for a class. My alternative is
to fire up Photoshop or an old version of Corel Draw! and I am
avoiding those like the plague.

I am looking for recommendations for help using GIMP. Instructions
for Photoshop basically litter the internet, but my chosen means of
self-flaggelation is GIMP.

I'd like to have a book on my desk that I can just grab, but my
immediate challenge is to make

1) a white area on some pre-existing buttons transparent.
(sample button attached)

That's it. Anybody on this list know how to use GIMP for this simple
chore?

TIA

Bill

Mem:   1545352    1431180     114172          0     275596     839680
Swap:   401584       1292     400292
Total: 1946936    1432472     514464
Linux a.genesis.com 2.4.14 #3 Fri Nov 9 23:14:31 EST 2001 K7 750MHz
2:32am  up 13 days, 35 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.00

legal.gif