Re: [SLUG] GIMP help, please. 6k Graphic attached.

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan.heffernan@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 18:39:26 EST

>I'd like to have a book on my desk that I can just grab, but my
>immediate challenge is to make

>1) a white area on some pre-existing buttons transparent.
>(sample button attached)

>That's it. Anybody on this list know how to use GIMP for this simple
>chore?

I created a new layer (in Layers and Channels) that was transparent (this may have been unnecessary?). Use the "Magic Wand" selector to grab a white corner (it should automatically grab all contiguous white pixels), and hit Edit->Cut. That did it. I don't know if the attached file will survive the SLUG list server, but hey, yours did!
--ronan

legal2.gif