Re: [SLUG] (FWD) PHPTR User Groups 2002

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 22:40:26 EST

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 09:04:16PM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:

> You mean this isn't actual spam? :-) I trust you on this.

What a mistake! ;-}

No, I believe we did actually get some books from these guys that went
out in raffles, and I do (rarely) get some email from them.

Since my name's on everything, you wouldn't believe the spam I get in
the name of SLUG. I only pass on things from entities I know, or which
seem reasonably non-spammish. (Notice I haven't passed on any penis
enlargement, refinance-your-home or find-out-about-anyone emails. ;-)

These days, I get all kinds of snail mail in the name of SLUG, wanting
SLUG to buy commercial properties, etc. I'm betting the folks at CTS
have an additional income source, selling attendee names to companies
that sell big ticket items.

Paul