Re: [SLUG] Kyle: Please 'hold' the profanity

From: Kyle Amon (amonk@gnutec.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 10:26:37 EST

Michael,

While I acknowledge your right to object to any language you see fit,
a word is a word and valuative distinctions regarding words are based
on pure sentiment. It is not my intention to insult anyone, however
lack of understanding this fact is based on pure linguistic ignorance.
And I want to remind you that the issue of outlawing "profanity" on
the internet has been visited before by the US Congress and soundly
defeated by the US Supreme Court. :-)

Regards,

-- Kyle

P.S. And as long as we are so concerned with etiquette, this issue
      should have been covered via private email rather than on this
      mailing list. :-)

--
Kyle Amon (TM)    voice: 813-979-1633   email: amonk@gnutec.com
Kyle Amon, Inc.     fax: 813-977-5843     web: http://gnutec.com/~amonk

"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms. There are better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of one's contributions to computer science."

-- Donald E. Knuth, TAoCP vol 3

This email Copyright 2001 by Kyle Amon, Inc., a Florida corporation, 6002 Palm Shadow Way, Suite 1218, Tampa, FL 33647: (813) 979-1311 amonk@gnutec.com http://www.gnutec.com/~amonk. All rights Reserved.