Re: [SLUG] NAT

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 23:48:58 EST

Okay, the link is great! But it still doesn't work. I'm very much into the
recipe method of setting this up. I can follow directions, and I don't feel
very inclined to learn all I can about iptables and security (darn users!),
though I must admit I like Derrick's Firewall presentation. The other thing
is, do I need to do something special on the machines behind the firewall/on
my internal network?

(Derrick, what I'm trying to do is this: I've got a couple of machines. One
is my PowerMac running debian-woody. It's got two ethernet cards, eth0 and
eth1. eth1 is connected to an ethernet hub, and eth0 is connected to my dsl
modem, but I think my traffic goes through ppp0, because of the pppoe that I
have to use. My other machines are of the intel variety, also running linux.
I want to be able to apt-get upgrade my intel machines to the latest
debian-woody stuff. But unless they can get on the net, I'll have a hard
time... :-)

Thanks!

Russell Hires