Re: [SLUG] wireless for Linux

From: Kyle Amon (amonk@gnutec.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 00:31:54 EST

FYI... I've used FreeS/WAN. Relatively simple. Works well,
though the code is kind of a mess. Interoperates with the
OpenBSD IPSec code well... and should do so with the other
free BSD IPSec implementations too since all of their IPSec
implementations are based on the KAME code.

Everything running a Linux kernel supports IPSec via FreeS/WAN.
It is a big kernel patch and some utilities. If not included
by default, D/L the code and go to town on your desired distro.
No big deal. :-)

-- Kyle (The Profane)

--
Kyle Amon (TM)    voice: 813-979-1633   email: amonk@gnutec.com
Kyle Amon, Inc.     fax: 813-977-5843     web: http://gnutec.com/~amonk

"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms. There are better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of one's contributions to computer science."

-- Donald E. Knuth, TAoCP vol 3

This email Copyright 2001 by Kyle Amon, Inc., a Florida corporation, 6002 Palm Shadow Way, Suite 1218, Tampa, FL 33647: (813) 979-1311 amonk@gnutec.com http://www.gnutec.com/~amonk. All rights Reserved.