[SLUG] firewall --

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 21:16:27 EST

Kinda odd that so many people are talking about firewalls lately - work just
got hit with the biggest virus blast I think they've ever had. I only had
time to get to 3 support calls, when more than 25 came in.

That said, I just got permission today to install a Linux firewall :) Kinda
nice, since the company writes programs for windows ;)

I need to have virus-scanning software on it, and I'm looking for something
that might integrate with iptables. I found a few programs on the net, and
while they're expensive, they'll do the job nicely - except that I don't know
if they work with iptables. It has to scan smtp, http, and ftp, and
quarantine anything resembling all these W32.*.whatever worms, trojans,
virii, etc....

Anyone have any ideas/recommendations? (besides not doing the scanning on the
firewall....)

        Glen