Re: [SLUG] CMOS lost power

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 00:37:09 EST

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 10:49:26PM -0500, Mario Lombardo wrote:

<snip>

> I can't seem to find a battery anywhere on the motherboard, so where
> *did* the CMOS get its power, so I can replace it? Also, if anyone
> knows of some good local computer groups, email lists and/or physical
> meetings, please let me know.
>
> Mario

You can try the PC Support List. It's at:

As for your battery, you might try to find a plastic DIP package
soldered onto the motherboard, maybe a third of an inch high and 1 cm by
2 cm. I found one of these on a motherboard one time, pried the top off
of it (no, you wouldn't have thought at first that it would pry off),
and lo and behold there was a little battery in there under the cover.

If you don't see anything like that, then I don't know. I have a
motherboard here with a similar problem, and I can't find a battery on
it to save myself.

Paul