Re: [SLUG] Windows 95 source code revealed!!! - Killed

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 14:18:35 EST

Ok, I didn't think that this would get so out of hand.

To you people who didn't like the joke:

Lighten up a bit. You don't like the mail, delete it. Don't do yourself
the misfavor of quitting the list - a wealth of knowledge in itself -
simply because I told a joke that you found either a) tasteless or b)
annoying. I posted the joke bacause I thought some people might enjoy
it. You didn't like it, fine with me. If you're tired of MS bashing,
then sorry to tell you this, but it don't get that much better no where
else (english teachers, please withold your fury). I'm not gonna lie, I
have a pretty active sense of humor. This was merely an extension of
that humor. MS bashing through humour is one of the ways I express
disdain for the company's business practices which - I'll be perfectly
honest - I consider criminal in even the shadiest of lights (hence my
using Linux). I could do it in other ways, but that's not a thread I
care to start (talk to me after a meeting some day).

To you people who liked the joke:

Thanks, you were my taget audience. However, these people do have a
point. There are times where the MS bashing gets a bit out of hand.
Peorsonally. I though the list had been kind of "dry" for the past
couple of weeks, which is why I posted it. I also considered it putting
it on the politics list - but lets face it, most open source advocates
enjoy a bit of MS bashing once in a while (just like Windows people seem
to LOVE to bash the good ol' Macintrash and Trashintoss, or the Linux
massochists), and there are a good number of people who I know are NOT
in the politics list and WOULD probably enjoy this type of humour.

To all:

I didn't even expect a response to the post. I guess that's a good
thing, then, isn't it? But for all intensve purposes, this thread is
dead. If you wish to continue this discussion, please take it on to the
politics list (it HAS now reached that point and if there is anything
which is discussed there which will in the end affect things on the
regular list, then it will be moved back to this list at the discretion
of the officers in the group). If you wish to file a complaint against
me, then you can mail any one of the officers outlined in the SLUG page,
though I recomend sending it to Paul, and I'd appreciated if you CCd it
to me - you can complement me behind my back all you want, but I'd
rather you complain about me directly to me, then at least I have some
hope of doing something about it.

Gnorb