RE: [SLUG] Windows 95 source code revealed!!!

From: Steven Johnson (alinuxguru@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 15:39:35 EST

----Original Message Follows----
>We are a passionate lot in our advocacy and widely diverse in our...

Did you come up with this off the cuff or was this a prepared speech? I
could have sworn I heard America_The_Beautiful when reading this.

>So ... what do you expect from proponents of "Un-American" software?

Again, I say that this falls under slug-pol.

>Every once in a while the boys (& girls) are gonna let off a little
>steam. I hope you are "seasoned" enough to just let it roll off your
>back, kick it off to one side.....

At best, it is churlish. Let off steam, but let it off on the slug-pol
list. If 50% of all threads here are MS-bashing it only debases this linux
community.

>Norbert posts a fair number of technically oriented emails also. This time
>he was trying to share something he found humorous...

There is a big signal to noise ratio here. I delete about 75% of all
messages unread here. Norbert is one of the few posters here that I read
because his comments are well thought out and insightful, I especially love
his postings in slug-pol. Bryan Smith was another knowledgable poster that
I enjoyed reading. But there comes a point where you have to say
"enough". You can only see the same jokes so many times.