Re: [SLUG] NAT

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 17:48:13 EST

Russell, I've read through the thread. I'm not sure I'm going to be
of help, but people that talk to me about routers and firewalls often
get an earful of me yapping about how much I enjoyed installing
Coyote Linux http://www.coyotelinux.com

If you don't mind dedicating a box to do one thing (can be a crappy
386 w/16MB RAM), Coyote Linux is the easiest distribution I've ever
tinkered with. The whole thing runs in RAM and boots off of one
superfloppy (1.44 - 2.0MB). It has SSH, Serial console, ident,
ipmasq, and some other stuff. Mine doesn't even have a video card,
keyboard, or mouse--just two ISA NICs and a multiport for the serial
port and floppy controller. When I'm feeling geeky, I talk to it
with my Palm Pilot via a serial cradle using the 3rd party free
"telnet" program from http://www.palmgear.com. Usually, I just use
SSH if I have questions about performance, but it normally turns out
to be AOL/Roadrunner Low Speed Internet problems.

Blah blah blah. Like I said, people usually get an earful from me.

Mario