Re: [SLUG] SPAM blackhole lists?

From: Bill Triplett (btt@nethouse.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 07:43:15 EST

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 10:48:35PM -0500, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Bill Triplett wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone is using any of those anti-spam relay
> > blacklist features[1] to block spam. If so, which one and what kind of
> > results are you seeing? Are there alot of false positives?
>
> I use several and am very active with orbz -- I may be reached
> through herrold@orbz.org, for example -- one of three working
> 'real' email addresses in that domain, I believe, as the time
> I was afforded that cortesy by the Admin at ORBZ.

Thanks for the info. Last night before I left I turned on
inputs.orbz.org and hit about 5 spams overnight. One of them notorious
around the office for being particularly offensive.

I think we'll keep it up for a while, maybe add one or two more RBLs
if this works out. There is one that tracks any source of spam,
whether it be an open relay or not:

    http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml

Cheers,
Bill