[SLUG] 3Com, Intel and Microsoft vs Netgear, AMD and Linux

From: Dennis Tribble (jtribble@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 11:14:21 EST

I'm thinking about dumping Verizon & Sprint for my T1 services and switching
to US-Lec. Mostly because I think I'll get better service, my account is
small and Verizon & Sprint just don't seem to care. They make lots of
promises but seldom come through. It will be a tad bit cheaper too. My
only concern is the financial stability of US-Lec, are they going to be able
to stay in business and if they fail then what happens?

I realize this is not directly a Linux issue, but many of you have related
experience and I respect your opinions. It is part of an over all effort I
am attempting to make changes. Currently everything is conservative: 3Com,
Intel, Microsoft and Verizon. I think we can do things better, faster and
cheaper with Netgear, AMD, Linux and US-Lec.

What do you think? Would you do it?