Re: [SLUG] AOL Looking to acquire.... RED HAT?!?!?!

From: Doc (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 15:51:02 EST

Since I don't care much for RH or AOL they are welcome to one another, and
as Robin has noted such an alliance could be good for the rest of the
distros.

The odd thing is that RH has been focused on the business rather than
consumer marketplace. Mandrake or Libranet, or a resurrected Stormix or
Progeny, would seem to make more sense ... and likely be far cheaper for AOL
to acquire ... not that AOL lacks resources!

What troubles with GNU might befall AOL with a RH (or other Linux)
integration?

BTW: One is left to wonder what Earthlink might do in response? Sure looks
like some Linux-centric fun is ahead!

doc