[SLUG] Two recent email: Microsoft Partners: Help Us Help You

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 01:26:33 EST

Slug-Politics list has been really quiet -- I'll cross-post
and invite people to join in the fun there.

Microsoft was sending these pieces to some of its Southern US
'partners' within the last month. I think it is pretty
gutsy -- and I really like 'going after the Young Quisling'
market with the X-Box giveaway; Guess they have to move them
out of the warehouse somehow. ... No 'steenkin' badges'
needed.

Note that the first piece claims it was authorized spam; the
second does not even try.

-- Russ Herrold

---------------------

Subject: Join the Microsoft Compliance Team

      BSA is offering a Grace Period in your city from Jan. 1,
2002-Jan. 31, 2002.

      Microsoft invites you to join it in the fight against
software piracy by becoming a member of the Microsoft
Compliance Advisory Council.

      You may have already heard how successful the BSA Grace
Periods have been in driving awareness of software piracy.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to make sure your customers
have the licenses they need to be compliant.

It is your turn !

      To support your efforts in the next month, Microsoft is
giving away __ shiny new XBOX game consoles to _____ area
VARs simply for answering one single quick question. It's our
way of saying thanks for helping to combat software piracy.

      Complete our survey questions and be automatically
entered to win a new XBOX.

      Download the Compliance Toolkit with ready-made
templates to help you tactfully approach your customers about
the Grace Period.

      Apply for the Microsoft Compliance Advisory Council.
You are invited to join the Microsoft Compliance Advisory
Council to help guide the future of anti-piracy efforts.

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS

     This message was sent to <elided> by MarketSmart
Technologies on behalf of Microsoft. Microsoft sends e-mail to
those individuals that have provided permission to send
ongoing communication via e-mail. If you do not wish to
receive ongoing communication via e-mail from MarketSmart
Technologies on behalf of Microsoft, please click here.

----------------------

Subject: Microsoft Partners: Help Us Help You

Dear Partner,

Did you know that as a Microsoft partner, there are numerous
benefits available to you at no charge?

For example: Virtual Briefings, Partner Guides and access to
the new Microsoft Action Pack Subscription (MAPS) are just
some of the resources available to partners on the Microsoft
for Partners website. HOWEVER, only registered partners are
eligible to use these resources. Once we know about your
business, we can help you make more money supporting Microsoft
software, so check out our new Microsoft for Partners website
and register today.

The Microsoft Action Pack Subscription is your opportunity to
purchase Microsoft Not-for-Distribution (NFD) software and the
latest marketing tools, resources, and up-to-date information
direct from the source to help you increase your ability to
sell and implement Microsoft products and solutions. We'll
automatically send them to you every quarter.

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/partner/help/whyregister/ and
register today!

If you don't wish to receive this type of communication from
Microsoft, please reply with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.