[SLUG] Re: [SLUG-POL] Two recent email: Microsoft Partners: Help Us Help You

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 18:38:11 EST

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:26:33AM -0500, Russ Herrold wrote:

> Subject: Join the Microsoft Compliance Team
>
> BSA is offering a Grace Period in your city from Jan. 1,
> 2002-Jan. 31, 2002.
>
> Microsoft invites you to join it in the fight against
> software piracy by becoming a member of the Microsoft
> Compliance Advisory Council.

Doesn't this pretty much prove that the BSA is just a front group for
Microsoft?

I guess when Microsoft's fortunes wane, they get even more rabid about
piracy. They should concentrate on China and the Far East, where there's
real serious piracy.

BTW, anyone know how Xboxes are really selling? I've heard a lot of hype
from gamers who really wanted them, but no hard data.

Paul