RE: [SLUG] Help with tar & FTP--Whats this bin thing?

From: Jason Copenhaver (jcopenha@typedef.org)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 10:33:34 EST

It all depends on what ftp server and ftp client you have.. I've used ftp
clients that have automatically set the BINARY transfer mode on.. at the
ftp prompt just type BIN and it will set the transfer mode correct..
otherwise you will have problems with transfered files.. I think some ftp
servers automatically set the bin mode also..

The StarOffice files were .bin just to let you know they were binary
files.. not ascii files..