Re: [SLUG] Re:

From: Jason Copenhaver (jcopenha@typedef.org)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 12:43:37 EST

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Bpreece wrote:

> Dell Computers will still sell a Laptop Preloaded with RedHat ,
> as for local none!
>
> The only reason I would choose a Dell is because Dell does stand behind the
> hardware. In fact the Only Name Brand I do trust.
>
> Also sometimes you can get a Refurb Dell like Ed Centanni did at a good
> price with warranty and parts still available,

I'll atest to this.. I picked up an old Dell Latitude p233, 64 mb ram and
6 gb harddisk.. for $500 at the last computer show at the fair grounds.. I
took it home and dropped in my RH 7.2 cds.. installed just fine... The
only thing I had to do was to manually run through the X11 setup, all the
hardware was autodeteced and supported though so it was easy.. I haven't
had any problems with it yet.. in fact I just bought a nic for it and had
it up and running in no time also..

Jason Copenhaver