[SLUG] Apache help, please

From: Glenn Meyer (me@glennmeyer.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 11:27:43 EST

I have a permissions problem somewhere that I need a little help with. I am
trying to open up access to the users' home directorys to the web site. I am
using the default (no changes excpet last dir in path from public_html to
website) section of the /etc/hpptd/conf/httpd.conf noted here....
#
# Control access to UserDir directories. The following is an example
# for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
#
<Directory /home/*/website>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <Limit PUT DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </Limit>
</Directory>

I have also created the directory website and used the command....
chmod 775 website to open permissions.

However, when I go to the site http://myipaddress/~username/
I still get the error "Forbidden You don't have permission....."

What have I overlooked?

Thanks!!
Glenn Meyer.