Re: [SLUG] Apache help, please

From: Kai Lien (kai@lenseco.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 12:52:37 EST

Make sure you have this module, mod_userdir.c

In your case, it would be like below

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir website
</IfModule>

Also, you will need to change the permission of the user's home
directory. For example, username is "anyone",

# chmod a+rx /home/anyone

That should solve your problem.

Kai

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Glenn Meyer wrote:

> I have a permissions problem somewhere that I need a little help with. I am
> trying to open up access to the users' home directorys to the web site. I am
> using the default (no changes excpet last dir in path from public_html to
> website) section of the /etc/hpptd/conf/httpd.conf noted here....
> #
> # Control access to UserDir directories. The following is an example
> # for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
> #
> <Directory /home/*/website>
> AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
> Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
> <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Limit>
> <Limit PUT DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
> Order deny,allow
> Deny from all
> </Limit>
> </Directory>
>
> I have also created the directory website and used the command....
> chmod 775 website to open permissions.
>
> However, when I go to the site http://myipaddress/~username/
> I still get the error "Forbidden You don't have permission....."
>
> What have I overlooked?
>
> Thanks!!
> Glenn Meyer.

- --