Re: [SLUG] Missing files

From: Logan (logan1304@home.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 07:05:14 EST

I skipped SuSE 7.1 I went from 7.0 to 7.2. Having said that, SuSE
switched their set up somewhere in that time to be more like everyone
else. Examples:

>From using init 2 and 3 to using init 3 and 5 respectively. Also they
moved all the init.d regalia from /sbin/init.d to /etc/init.d

I would check in /etc/init.d you should find all the rc.d regalia
there. If it is not in /etc/init.d Check in /sbin/init.d. I don't
know if 7.1 or 7.2 was when then changed things to be more sane! ;)

Logan

--
7:00am up 9 days, 6:12, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.07, 0.41
Q: How many IBM CPU's does it take to execute a job? A: Four; three to