[SLUG] Missing files

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 01:02:42 EST

Hello Sluggers

Am missing files in /etc/rc.d and/or /etc/init.d
I am running Suse 7.1 with the 2.4.7 kernel

They just disappeared.  The directories are empty .
No files at all. Stuff I put in boot or boot.local is not there.

They have to exist somewhere because my boot message shows
"running /etc/init.d/boot.local"

Cannot be positively sure, but all was well until I did a
Yast Online Update.  Anybody tell me what has happened here?
Or, maybe send me (e-mail me privately) with the files that should
be in these directories so that I can make things right again?

I posted this message to the Suse list but nobody replied.

Bob S.