Re: [SLUG] time warner port blocking

From: Bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 17:11:29 EST

Hello Folks,
I do not know if you guys remember several of my previous messages
concerning Time Warner
and Road Runner. They Block ports that is why you can not set up FTp's
unless you get
the professional version of Road Runner. They also cap your bandwidth. This
is just a few things that
good ole TW does. If you check you will find out that now tw also only will
promise you 256k band width
considering you should be able to push 10mb full speed that is a far cry
less. You now only will get
dsl speed at best. They over sold the bandwidth and they do port blocks and
they also will not
allow you to set up a game server or anything.

Right now Earthlink is promising that you can get up to 50 times faster then
dial up on cable
even thought they go through TW the rep told me that TW can not cap
Earthlinks speed because that
would violate FCC regulations. Also earthlink does not care how many PC's
you set up! They also said
if for any reason if I discover that the speed is capped then call them
immediately

It's sad considering that they also use to say on the up to 100 times faster
then dialup which is bull!
They also filter newsgroups and do not give you full postings from the news
groups several times as well.
If you post they will filter it as well. I was happy before to pay $40.00 a
month for the speed now $44.95 for less what a gyp.

The other sad thing is I want to know why Best Buys , Comp USA , Circuit
City , Staples , and Office Depot sell
cable modems that are standard DOCSIS standard that you can not use in
Hillsborough County because Tw here
does not support standard Docsis cable modems. Reason they can not cap the
after market ones so you have to use their junk.

That is also like before I was paying for HBO and after 5 years of never
needing a box now you have to have a box to watch it
even if you pay for the channel so they can charge you a extra $5.95 month
for a box and extra $3.95 month for a remote if the box has one. Your cable
ready tuner sets and VCR can only get basic cable without the box before if
you paid for premium channel you could also watch that . Not any more !!!
SCAM SCAM SCAM Finally they prebill you per month early before the dates
you use it the way they do this comes out to they make 3 extra months worth
of payments in a year! This needs to be stopped! Example bill says pay
$95.00 for Feb 1st - march 1st but this will be due on the 21st of Feb!