[SLUG] roadrunner complaints

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 18:09:51 EST

Hi there,

I just had a talk with a network engeneer at RR to get to the bottom of this
port blocking. I did not want to get caught with my pants down.

In short their policy is that they "DO NOT BLOCK ANY PORT for any reason."
Even when they got hit by Code Red (which they do not feel hit them very
hard) they did not block any port.

They very heavily disagreee with any such claims as pure rumors. Sometimes
there are equipment problems, but never any intended port blocking. In fact
he laughed at it as something totally nuts to do.