RE: [SLUG] home network

From: John Wright (wjohn1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 10:56:19 EST

I would suggest that you purchase the Linksys DSL/router and a Fasteither
hub.
this is the configuration I run at home. I have 8 PC's connected off ths
same
Cable connection and network. ( because it is also a switch the network is
really fast)
The router takes care of the DHCP and the new firmware will allow content
filtering
if you someday want to put childrens computers on the network.
It will also allow a DMZ if later you want to erect a game or web server.

This approach may not be the one you want to take if you are trying to
learn.
but it is snappy and you dont loose a machine to DHCP.

 Fred