[SLUG] hire the handicapped

From: Bill (selinux@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 21:32:37 EST

I trashed my 'puter last week but have it back up & humming (after a hardware
brain transplant). Now I need to know how best to mirror my existing web site
back down to my local hd ... in fact, I -also- want it on my /var/www and
/var/ftp partitions in preparation for a scheduled DSL installation.

Comments? Suggestions? How-To's?

I have wget installed ... and probably most other similar tools. If not, and
there is a compelling reason to use something I don't have yet, I'll go get
it. I am not adept on the command line but neither am I afraid of it (which
could explain probably 3/4 of my re-installs over the past few years!). It
looks, from the wget --help file, that there are a number of switches that
might actually allow me to reconstruct a foreign directory on a local one but
experience has shown that it is better if I

Bill