[SLUG] Publishing to PDF in WordPerfect

From: Tim Wright (t.wright1@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 22:24:46 EST

I'm trying to use WordPerfect 9 for Linux as a way to generate Acrobat files
in Linux, their "Publish to PDF ..." option and have run into a snag. Text
comes out in an arabic font: "WP Arabic Sihafa." Acrobat reports this as a
built-in, embedded Type 1 font.

Corel's PDF engine doesn't have all the levers and buttons that Adobe's PDF
Writer and Acrobat Distiller have, at least none I can find yet, and I'm a
little stumped as to what to do next. These files open OK in Acrobat Reader,
both Windows and Linux platforms, but Ghostview and X PDF report errors. So
there may be more mischief afoot. Turning off embedded fonts gives me a
corrupt PDF, according to Acrobat Reader.

Do any of you PostScript mavens out there have any idea how to fix this?