Re: [SLUG] I find these two articles disturbing

From: Robin (Roblimo) Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 08:32:13 EST

>>I find the following two articles disturbing. Makes me wonder about the
>>future of Linux.

(muy snippo)

> You can bet anyone who speaks privately with the CEO will get
> a different story than the one that got published.

Not true. Bob Young and I agree that Linux cannot and should not
directly challenge Microsoft for desktop dominance. 5% or 10% of "the
market," with a concentration on corporate use, is all it takes to keep
banks, governments, and other major institutions from being "Microsoft
only."

Miguel is not a major factor because Gnome is not a major factor on
corporate/government desktops. KDE is the overwhelming choice in this
area, and Miguel only controls (commercial) Ximian, not (GPL) Gnome.

Evolution and change. I'll sit in my corner and write about it. Got a
fun story coming up about a new and interesting Linux advocacy tactic.
Back to typing...

- Robin