Re: [SLUG] Violation of the GPL?

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 11:17:46 EST

Hmm...If you think of this as "Free Speech, not Free Beer..." Newspapers
charge for their free speech...I believe that Lycoris can charge as much as
they reasonably want. Is $500 too much? I don't know, but RMS himself charged
$150 a pop for each copy of Emacs that he copied for people when he was busy
authoring the GNU OS, though, this was in the 80's and really before the
internet was any kind of factor....

Russell Hires