[SLUG] Is A Quick BSD Question OK on SLUG?

From: doc (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 19:40:33 EST

As usual nothing goes as planned .... grrr.

I was blessed to find a 16meg memory module for my vintage IBM ThinkPad
360cse at Hamcation in Orlando today ... $30. vs $75. on the Internet. It
posts fine.

I chose NetBSD over the Linux tiny firewall distros because it appears to
have real good pcmcia support and fits the 16meg ram, 360m hdd, 486
dx-50 configuration of my Thinkpad. I'd prefer to use a Linux distro so
I don't have to try and remember the differences between Linux-Debian
and BSD! Suggestions?

Downloaded NetBSD http://www.netbsd.org and did the rawrite thing to
create the two floppies, boot1.fs and boot2.fs, as instructed.

Started up the TP with boot1.fs in the drive and am getting input/output
errors.

Am even less familiar with BSD than I am with Linux -- chose this one
because it is small and handles pcmcia devices. Help?

Thanks! doc