[SLUG] FAX Server scenario

From: Josh Tiner (josh.tiner@worldwidephp.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 17:44:00 EST

Hi everyone,

Looks like my messages are getting through afterall. At any rate - here is
my predicament.

I currently have a PC running RedHat 7.2 connected to my LAN with 2 external
USR 56Kbps modems that work fine for doing emergency connecting to the
internet with ppp0.

Now that I finally have broadband for all my PCs, I have no need to use the
PC to connect to the internet via modem.

I want to take on of these modems and somehow turn the linux box into a fax
server - so that way my receptionist and co workers can be able to send
faxes out directly from their PCs which are all networked on the LAN and
have the linux box FAX it out. About 65% of my office uses Windows 2000 or
Win98 (/me vomits) and works in MS Word. Any ideas on how to accomplish this
goal. The fax box in question will also accept all incoming faxes - and
being able to view faxes from one of the networked PCs would be ideal as
well.

Thanks and please post any ideas or solutions you may have!

Very Sincerely Yours,

-Josh Tiner
e-mail: josh.tiner@worldwidephp.com