[SLUG] Menus and Mental Midgets

From: Bill (selinuxathome@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 11:01:08 EST

Baffling ... that's all.

I no longer have any programs except gnomish on my menu. I am running kde.
When I went into kde to re-add the missing menu listings (figuring something
gnomish had wiped them out) _all_ of the listings are still intact. And
that's what has me confused ... how is a Gnome menu being slipped into KDE?
Moreover, how can I slip it back out?

Here's what has changed in the menu:
         all the icons are gone, replaced by the generic folder icon
         all the listings for kde programs are completely missing

The part I am not understanding is why, with all the entries for the programs
still intact, aren't they displaying? I am definitely _IN_ Kde ... got the
little "K" icon at the bottom menu bar and Kmail, Konqueror and Advanced
Editor are still icons there. I even have the regular icons in the
"frequently used" section of the menu. Just not in the regular section.

I would certainly appreciate it if someone could point the way out of these
woods that doesn't include re-installing the OS.

<rant>
I don't have time for this rubbish. I have things that need to be done and I
am angry at having some program modify my settings so as to make things
difficult for me on my own computer. I did not change these settings and I
was not asked by any program if it was okay to change them.

THIS --gratuitous aggravation -- more than lack of software or any other
single factor ... is the sort of stuff that is going to make desktop adoption
a tough sell to Joe Sixpack.

I am HOT ... so it is best stop typing now.
</rant>

Bill

--
We're sorry, but due to ongoing security concerns, we no longer accept e-mail
attachments created by Microsoft applications. Please accept our apologies for