Re: [SLUG] Setting up incoming email

From: Kai Lien (kai@lenseco.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 08:57:20 EST

For FTP, make sure both port 20 and 21 are forwarded to your internal ftp
server. One of the features of ProFTPD is the "jailed" function. You can
lock users into their own account / directory. They can not access / go
up the directory tree.

For email, make sure port 25 is forwarded to your internal email
server. Also, you need sendmail or others to listen on port 25 for
incoming emails.

Depends on your DNS server, you or your ISP needs to add a MX record for
your domain name to receive email.

May the force be with you!

Kai