Re: [SLUG] Setting up incoming email

From: Bill (selinuxathome@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 22:43:01 EST

On Friday 22 February 2002 19:01, you wrote:
> ProFTPD? Sounds like you might be using Mandrake. In which case you're
> probably using postfix instead of sendmail too. If you're really using
> Mandrake with the default software let me know and I'll send you my config
> files and the places I looked to see what to do with them. I've got
> Apache, ProFTPD, and postfix all doing what you're talking about here.
>
> I, too, found the ProFTPD docs on the web a bit lacking. They say updating
> the docs is one of their priorities. man proftpd. Also, I found some
> stuff by searching their mailing list archive.
>
> I used to use sendmail, but when I rebuilt my server with Mandrake, postfix
> came with, and I found it much easier to configure.
>
> Good luck,
> Greg

If I am ever down your way, Greg, dinner is on me and I'll let you choose the
place! My son is in Clearwater, so that's not as unlikely as it may at first
seem.

Yes ... Mandrake 8.0 with the 2.4.17 kernel ... all current security patches
applied. (Including squid fix of today!

PLEASE send those configs ... munged or not. I've been reading / surfing /
reading so much my eyes are about to fall out of their sockets!

Bill