[SLUG] Database design

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 10:43:23 EST

Hey everyone,

I've got a couple of projects going (several at work, one at home) that deal
with using Databases. I'm finding that it's a big subject, and I know so
little. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to look at (on the web,
preferably) about dealing with design issues and such? I know that there are
such places as mysql.com and postgresql.org that have documentation, and then
there's doing google searches, but I'm hoping that personal experience and
recommedations will be more helpful.

I also know that there's at least a couple of people here that have database
experience (ahem...Paul and Derrick :-)...

Thanks!

Russell

--
Linux -- the OS for the Renaissance Man