[SLUG] MY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 08:53:56 EST

The thread I started about using a ram disk to speed up my server has had
the effect of multiplying my appreciation for the quality of information
that is put on this list. Not only did we get some spiritied humor which
was greatly appreciated as well, but I was given information from many
sources that covered the waterfront.

I learned about things that would have taken me many months to come across.
I love to learn!! And at nearly 60 that is a stretch!! So, you young Linux
users out there keep stretching my brain cells.

Where I am at this moment is reading what I can about tuning the kernel and
the XFS filesystem. It seems that both have some potential for improvement
on my I/O speed.

SLUG is by far the best!

And Rick if you are listening,, I would welcome your input on this list.
For those of you who do not know Rick Moen he was one of the brightest light
sources on the svlug. He can be testy if maligned or misquoted, so walk
lightly. :o) No one should ever be maligned anyway.

Michael C. Rock