RE: [SLUG] Ok here we have it now,,

From: Grantham, Patrick (Patrick.Grantham@vacationclub.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 09:05:18 EST

Although it might be a worthy endeavor, but I see significant risks. At
what cost are file writes to be propagated into the RAM disks? Considering
that reading from a hard drive takes about 50% less time than writing, to
me, it makes more sense (IMHO) to write to the RAM drive and read from the
disk. However, the increased overhead of synching between the ram drive and
hard drive seems likely to destroy any benefits to having the file in RAM.
Perhaps have all read/write activity go to the file in the ram drive then
(via a cron job) update the file locally for backup purposes hourly.