Re: [SLUG] FTP woes

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 14:00:57 EST

Everytime I encounter similar problems, the first thing(s) that pops
into my head is...
a:) What do the logs tell me? (/var/log, /var/adm)
b:) Can I run the daemon in debug/verbose mode? If so, what do I see on
the server side? (usually running a daemon with a -v switch -- or
multiple -v's)
c:) Can I run the client in debug/verbose mode? If so, what do I see on
the client side?

Check your logs! If nothing is revealed in the log files, I would
recommend trying your web browser ftp client's against the ftp daemon
running in full verbose mode. More than likely all your answers can be
found there.
If there is a firewall involved, make sure you are allowing incoming
ports 20 AND 21 to the server running the ftp daemon.

Matt