[SLUG] sound problem

From: patrick grantham (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 19:16:23 EST

Strange problem. Although I have been happy as a clam with my Linux box and
it's sound, I do have a problem. The sound card driver setup goes fine,
sound plays, mp3 files play etc. However, if I logout and login as another
user or reboot the box (cold or restart.) the sound driver dies. I am not
certain what actually fails to restart, but I then have no sound until the
card is setup again. Any suggestions? I have setup the card logged in as
root and as a user the switching to user root also. The sound still stops
working. I am running suse7.3's distribution of linux. Creative Labs, Sound
Blaster 16 PCI (128 bit sound.)