Re: [SLUG] sound problem

From: Logan (logan1304@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 20:15:21 EST

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 19:16, patrick grantham wrote:
> Strange problem. Although I have been happy as a clam with my Linux box and
> it's sound, I do have a problem. The sound card driver setup goes fine,
> sound plays, mp3 files play etc. However, if I logout and login as another
> user or reboot the box (cold or restart.) the sound driver dies. I am not
> certain what actually fails to restart, but I then have no sound until the
> card is setup again. Any suggestions? I have setup the card logged in as
> root and as a user the switching to user root also. The sound still stops
> working. I am running suse7.3's distribution of linux. Creative Labs, Sound
> Blaster 16 PCI (128 bit sound.)

Hmmm... Which desktop are you using?! KDE2 or Gnome? Typically
compiling a kernel with your sound settings will solve all these
problems, but then again I dont mind using OSS drivers.

Logan

--
8:10pm up 32 days, 2:06, 1 user, load average: 0.14, 0.08, 0.10
I really hate this damned machine I wish that they would sell it. It