Re: [SLUG] how to reconpile kernal -(please save me a steep learning curve.

From: Bill (selinuxathome@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 20:23:04 EST

On Friday 08 March 2002 08:57, you wrote:
> How does one recompile the kernal, with proper sound settings for Creative
> Labs 16-pci (128 sound card.) I am in the middle of a very intense Java
> class. I cannot aford to blow up the box. Someone's sound advise (truely,
> an accidental pun) would be greatly appreciated.

Best how-to I have ever encountered is at
http://www.linuxlookup.com/html/main/guides.html It's a "cook-book" walk
through. Pay strict attention and it WILL compile. The first time. While you
are making your configuration selections, keep an eye out for your sound
card. Most likely, either it or a close cousin is listed.

Bill