Re: [SLUG] Thanks for the GUI EMAILS

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 13:19:00 EST

The books already suggested should do wonders for the first time user. For a
slightly more in-depth suggestion, I like the 'Linux System Administration
White Papers', from Coriolis Open Press. It's basically just a nicely bound
hard copy of most of the sys admin HOW-TOs and some user guide stuff from
about 1998 that's still pretty close to what's still used. Unix doesn't
change as fast as Windows has, so there's still some value to be gleaned from
the older documentation.

Personally, I'd rather print out and read the Linux Documentation Project's
(www.linuxdoc.org) user guides, but then that's me and I usually don't like a
sugar coating on my info.

Just a thought.

        Glen